Cart or placeholder

License Descriptions and Fees

Accepted Proof of Hunter Education

The following may be presented as proof of meeting California hunter education requirements:
  • California Hunter Education Certificate
  • Annual California hunting license issued in any prior year
  • Two-day nonresident California hunting license (issued after 1999/2000)
  • Certificate of successful completion of a California-approved hunter education course from any state or province
  • Current hunting license or hunting license issued within the previous two years from any state, province, European country, or South Africa
For more information, on hunter education requirements or hunter education classes, contact any CDFW license sales office or visit the CDFW Hunter Ed web site.